SPECTORS is a Dutch-German high-tech initiative that unlocks the market potential of civilian drone technology through sensor innovations for remote sensing and remote monitoring.
SPECTORS exploits drone market potential
The civilian market for the use of drones and associated sensor technology for remote sensing, remote monitoring and agricultural film production is immense. SPECTORS exploits this market potential through value creation in the region. Specifically, interdisciplinary projects lead to the development of a large number of products (demonstrators) and associated services based on the latest hard- and software. The products are then offered and distributed by the region’s small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs).
SPECTORS stimulates and strengthens innovations
SPECTORS is a strategic initiative in the field of high-tech systems and materials. The project stimulates and strengthens innovations by SMEs through cooperative research and development projects, as well as long-term, cross-border competence networks, relations and synergies of companies, research organisations and development centres. This cross-border bundling of competences creates an effective added value for the growing civilian drone and specialist-sensor market in the border region.
SPECTORS delivers new products and jobs
The project delivers:
- 18 new products in the field of sensor and drone technology for remote sensing and remote monitoring.
- An interdisciplinary and complementary consortium of 31 partners, of which 20 are SMEs that cover the entire spectrum, from conception up to commercialisation of the different products.
- 40 new jobs during the project duration, increasing to 90 over the subsequent 5 years.
- Securing 840 jobs in companies and research organisations.
- Knowledge-sharing through internal and external workshops and symposia for products, users and other interested parties.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.