An expert in getting wishes and needs clear. You like solving technical problems and helping people. You are analytical, a good listener and you are able to respond with smart solutions to the questions raised by our researchers. You have a structured approach to work and documentation. You enjoy working as part of a team in which you are the specialist in your professional field. You have a hands-on mentality, are customer-oriented and can work well under pressure. You are curious, want to continue growing in your professional field and contribute to the organisation’s IT development.
What you will do
As application manager you are responsible for the continuity of our corporate applications, such as the document management systems; Contentserver (OpenTexT), Teams/Sharepoint (Microsoft) and SONAR (Allsolutions). You are also responsible for the development and extensions of LIMS (LabWare), and the installation of applications under Linux. As application manager, you are an information point for the users, and are in charge of manuals and instructions. You are involved in carrying out tests and also provide advice on the design and set-up of the applications.
Safe and clean drinking water is a great thing. KWR is an internationally-renowned research institute in the area of water quality, the water cycle and sustainable development. ‘Bridging science to practice’ is our mission. In our fully-sustainable building, with its state-of-the-art laboratories, our approximately 180 staff members work, within the framework of three research groups, on innovative projects in the Netherlands and, increasingly, elsewhere in Europe and beyond. Our shareholders are the ten Dutch drinking water utilities and the Belgian De Watergroep.
Our researchers work at the interface of science, the private sector and society. Their strength lies in the translation of scientific knowledge to implementable, practical solutions for end-users in the Dutch and international water sector. To support its research, KWR disposes of specialised laboratories, a test facility and builds its own pilot installations. In addition, we develop company-specific software for use within projects.
Our organisation is currently supported by an ICT coordinator, an application manager and a workplace manager. Because of the forthcoming retirement of the current application manager, we are looking for a replacement in the very short term. The team is headed by KWR’s Chief Financial Officer/Manager, Corporate Services.
What we require
- Higher-Vocational-Training (HBO) work and thinking capability, with an IT orientation;
- At least 3 years’ experience with functional application management;
- Knowledge of and experience with Office365 and Teams/Sharepoint;
- Knowledge of document management systems (AllSolutions, OpenText, Teams/Sharepoint);
- Knowledge of LIMS (LabWare) and/or Linux would be a plus;
- Good command of written and spoken Dutch and English;
- Flexibility, resistance to stress, client- and quality-orientation, and meticulousness;
- Good collaboration skills and initiative.
What we offer
- An independent function within a professional, informal and compact team;
- A collegial working environment in a modern and sustainable building, with the possibility of partial home-working;
- An excellent salary and secondary employment conditions (Water Utility’s Collective Agreement, including Flexible Employment Conditions Budget, pension);
- A laptop and phone;
- Necessary training (for example LIMS) and personal development opportunities.
Are you the professional, flexible and creative Application Manager, with a hands-on attitude, that we are looking for?
If so, then please e-mail your letter of application and CV to email@example.com, mentioning the vacancy number: 1150010.
For substantive information about the position, please contact Anouk Bouwhuis (CFO/Manager, Corporate Services) at 030-606 9695 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about the application procedure, please contact José van Lieshout at 030-606 9536 or email@example.com.